Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by TH...@sms.at on 2005/01/31 16:36:00 UTC

memory leak in xalan 2.6.0?

Hello,

we use xalan 2.6.0 with xerces 2.6.2 on BEA Weblogic Server V8.1. We configured the JRE that both, xalan and xerces, are prepended to the bootclasspath (-Xbootclasspath/p:.../lib/xercesImpl.jar:.../lib/xml-apis.jar:.../lib/xalan.jar).

We use xalan to transfer xml streams that are hold in memory to html output that is sent back as response to the client. We use XSLT standard 1.0.

Since we suspected a meory leak, we used a profiling tool to inspect our application. And the profiler "said" that two leaks have their home in the xalan/xerces code part.

Here are excerpts from the 2 stack traces that the profiling tool gave us as result (I can send you the full screen shots if you need them):

The first trace (a leak of type char[]):
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform()
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM()
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse()
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse()
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse()
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument()
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanAttribute()
weblogic.apache.xerces.xni.XMLString.toString()
--------------------------------------

The second trace (a leak of type int[]):
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform()
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM()
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse()
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse()
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse()
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument()
weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNameSpaceBinder.startElement()
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.sax2dtm.SAX2DTM.startElement()
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBase.indexNode()
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBase.ensureSizeOfIndex()

Is this a known bug? We would be very happy if you were able to help us to remove those 2 leaks.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

--
Ein Service von http://www.sms.at