Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/07 10:08:43 UTC

[s2] servlet 2.4 required ?

Hello,

I'm starting a project based on Java 1.4 and serlet 2.3 (tomcat 4.1). I'd
like to use Struts2 as it includes retro-translated support for java 1.4.
According to project main page (
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/#Platform%20Requirements), servlet 2.4 is
required. Does this mean I will have to wait all my customer to upgrade to
JEE5 prior to using Struts2 ? If so, I'll have to wait 1 or 2 years ...

Nico

Re: [s2] servlet 2.4 required ?

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
As a published requirement, Struts 2 requires Servlet 2.4.  However,
I'd bet you could run a Struts 2 app on Servlet 2.3, if you were
careful and did plenty of testing.  You might run into a few problems
in some of the JSP tags or perhaps interceptors, but as a whole,
Struts 2 tries to stay away from the servlet api wherever possible.

If you decide to go with Struts 2 on Servlet 2.3 and get it working,
please let us know and better yet, write a wiki doc describing your
approach and potential pitfalls. :)

Don

Re: [s2] servlet 2.4 required ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.