Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2009/08/03 15:26:58 UTC

Release plugin freezes in depednecy check

Hi guys,

did anyone of you encounter the problem, that the release-plugin freezes in
preparation performing the dependency check for the snapshots? The project
itself builds a plugin:

============== %< ================
$ mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-9:prepare
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building Scalaris QMB Plugin
[INFO]    task-segment:
[org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0-beta-9:prepare]
(aggregator-style)
[INFO] [release:prepare {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Verifying that there are no local modifications...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /home/jos/work/plugins/qmb-plugin &&
svn --non-interactive status
[INFO] Working directory: /home/jos/work/plugins/qmb-plugin
[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...
============== %< ================

.. and that's it. All I can do is killing the process (after several
minutes). It does not seem a regression though. I tried with M221-rc1,
M220, M210, M2010 and M209 in combination with release plugin version
2.0-beta-9 and 2.0-beta-8. Also it does not give a lot of more log entries
after invoking the release:prepare goal using -X as start option.

I can create the dependency-report as well as calling dependency:tree
though.

What might cause this? Since I am sure that I do not trigger any snapshot,
can I omit the dependency check somehow?

- Jörg

Re: Release plugin freezes in depednecy check

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
run with -X and see what it's doing

Posted by Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Andrew Goktepe wrote:

> I did encounter the same problem.

I doubt, unless you're as stupid as me ... ;-)

MRELEASE-469

Posted by Fabrice Daugan <fa...@gmail.com>.
For each dependencies, URL are checked to retrieve data.
To disable use this tip :
<reporting>
	<plugins>
		<plugin>
			<artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
			<configuration>
				<dependencyLocationsEnabled>false</dependencyLocationsEnabled>
				<offline>true</offline>
			</configuration>
		</plugin>
	</plugins>
</reporting>

Also, some data would not present in the dependencies report.

Fabrice

Posted by Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com>.