Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/10 12:19:05 UTC

[VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Hi,

 This is a vote for the Fortress Core 1.0-RC40 release. This is a Release Candidate, it will be
followed by potentially a few other release candidate before we reach a 1.0.0.

This will also be the first Fortress Core release at Apache.

Here is the list of fixed issues sinc ethe code has been injected into teh ASF repository:

Bugs :
------
    * [FC-6] - delPermObjs causes LDAP 80 error
    * [FC-8] - Add SSD Constraint check to updateRole
    * [FC-9] - CreateSession error on ApacheDS and Ubuntu 32
    * [FC-11] - MDB Error during deletion
    * [FC-12] - Delete descendant role error
    * [FC-37] - Accelerator jar is refering to a SNAPSHOT version of the released LDAP API

    * [FC-39] - Cleanup NPE during ldap pool init
    * [FC-47] - OrganizationalUnitDao create attribute syntax violation
    * [FC-49] - The J2eePolicyMgrImpl.createSession() class stores the wront type into the context
    * [FC-54] - Benchmark activities
    * [FC-57] - Fortress testCreateSession fails negative test
    * [FC-58] - Selenium Firefox Driver hangs on Ubuntu 14.04
    * [FC-60] - Add RFC2307bis attributes to User @XmlType
    * [FC-63] - Search only returns 100
    * [FC-64] - AdminRoleDAO.unload has NPE
    * [FC-65] - Turn off Fortress audit and pw policy test cases
    * [FC-67] - Fix config switch for slapd attributes
    * [FC-70] - remove dummy object from web lists
    * [FC-74] - DSD checking on hierarchical relationships incorrect
    * [FC-80] - Fix logout for unauthorized users

Improvements :
--------------
    * [FC-7] - Enhance Role Assignment Func
    * [FC-22] - Switch to junit 4.11
    * [FC-23] - Make the PasswordPolicy code to work with ApacheDS
    * [FC-24] - Add the missing serialVersionUID for Serializable classes
    * [FC-25] - Improve the way Factories create instances
    * [FC-31] - Add sortvals to slapd.conf
    * [FC-44] - Define a LdapPool configuration taht does not validate connections
    * [FC-45] - Normalize fortress test policies
    * [FC-48] - remove log4j from realm impl
    * [FC-55] - Backup Accelerator Session DB on recreate
    * [FC-56] - Fix Documentation
    * [FC-59] - Modify sample Fortress Rest Server policy
    * [FC-62] - Update ant dependencies
    * [FC-66] - add panel headers
    * [FC-68] - Rename config artifacts
    * [FC-69] - Sort lists in fortress web
    * [FC-71] - add description field to permission page
    * [FC-72] - display select to info panel
    * [FC-82] - upgrade CXF in rest component
    * [FC-83] - Cleanup core test processing
    * [FC-84] - Add console and cli to mvn
    * [FC-87] - mavenize jmeter tests
    * [FC-88] - Upgrade to JGraphT 0.9.1

New Features :
--------------
    * [FC-50] - Add password policy support
    * [FC-78] - add deserializer to realm policymgr

Tasks :
-------
    * [FC-2] - Fulfill the IP Clearance form
    * [FC-30] - UnboundID SDK removal preparations
    * [FC-40] - Use the LDAP API constants instead of GlobalIDs constants when possible

The revision :

http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-fortress-core/commit/3e555746

The SVN tag:
refs/tags/1.0-RC40

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1030

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Fortress Core 1.0.-RC40
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Fortress Core 1.0.-RC40

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 10, 2015, at 5:19 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please cast your votes:
> [ ] +1 Release Fortress Core 1.0.-RC40
> [ ] 0 abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release Fortress Core 1.0.-RC40

+1 (non-binding)

built, and tested (from tag and source bundle) on apacheds (2.0.0-M19) and openldap (2.4.39)

All tests successful.  Performed on ubuntu 14.04 with Java 7

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org

Result, was : [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

I'm closing the vote with 3 +1 binding votes and one +1 non binding vote:

- Shawn (non binding)
- Stefan
- Kiran
and me.

I'll close the release and announce it in the next 24 hours.

Many thanks !

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>
wrote:

> > On Apr 13, 2015, at 8:22 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > maven already has a flag, passing '-DskipTests'  will skip the tests
>
> Yep, that flag is there and can be used.  If that’s the ‘correct’ way I’m
> ok with that.  Will also need to do some work to ensure that apacheds runs
> embedded for those tests so the user doesn’t have any (manual) setup to do
> whatsoever.

 we can use the FrameworkRunner of ApacheDS (from test-framework module) to
start/stop the
 embedded instance automatically and use the ApplyLdifFiles annotation to
inject any test data
 we need before the tests run

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
I have setup some Jenkins instances. So I can help out.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 04/14/2015 11:58 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 13/04/15 15:39, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>>> On Apr 13, 2015, at 8:22 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> maven already has a flag, passing '-DskipTests'  will skip the tests
>> Yep, that flag is there and can be used.  If that’s the ‘correct’ way I’m ok with that.
> This is what we do. But usually, even if tests are taking several
> minutes, it's always a good policy to always run them before committing.
> On ApacheDS, running tests takes 30 mins, so...
>
>> Will also need to do some work to ensure that apacheds runs embedded for those tests so the user doesn’t have any (manual) setup to do whatsoever.
>
> Absolutely. This is a critical step : we can't really keep going running
> no tests at all, or asking for the testers to configure something on
> their machines everytime they want to check if it works.
>
> That's the whole idea to have ApacheDS embededded : it it works with it,
> it's going to work with OpenLDAP either.

And to support easy testing against OpenLDAP I'd suggest to prepare a
Docker image with preconfigured OpenLDAP. That can also be used on
Jenkins. I'd volunteer to create such an image and setup a Jenkins job,
just don't know when time allows...

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [VOTE] Fortress-Core 1.0-RC40, take 3

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1