Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Jerome Camilleri <je...@bull.net> on 2007/03/13 17:18:55 UTC

Sandesha PermanentStorageManager Derby/Hibernate SQL error

Hi,

I try to used the permanent storage manager give by WSO2 for sandesha
(thanks about this contribution).
That run well but after some exchanges I have systematicly an SQL error
throws on the server during accessing database :
"A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR
'[urn:uuid:FC5F69C3DA38EEBF8D1173802071062, urn:uuid:FC5F69C3&' to
length 255."

Currently I have the simply solution to delete this database and launch
my server which create during sandesha intialisation the new database.
But if I would like to used this configuration into a real system, I
can't do this !
So adding permanent storage of message into database increase the
reliable of the system but on the other hands I had to deal with
database problem...
Does someone already had this kind of error ?
If yes do you arrived to solve your problem with a DB tools of Derby for
example ?

Sandesha2.1.1
derby10.2.2.0
hibernate3.2.2
axis2-1.1.1

Regards

Jerome

Re: Sandesha PermanentStorageManager Derby/Hibernate SQL error

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerome,

I'll look into this problem in detail.
As a temporary solution can u try increasing the length of the 'value' entry
of the SequencePropertyTable.

To do this change to following line of the Sandesha2beans.hbm.xml,

<property name="value" column="c_value" />
<property name="value" column="c_value" type="text" length="1000"  />

Thanks,
Chamikara

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerome,