Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Henson <Mi...@napster.com> on 2008/11/26 03:24:58 UTC

copyField stored values question

Hello,

I am using copyField to send the raw name of an entity into different
fields for indexing:

# schema.xml snippet

<field name="raw_name" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true" />

<field name="indexed_name" type="some_custom_type" indexed="true"
stored="true" />

<field name="other_indexed_name" type="some_other_type" indexed="true"
stored="true" />

<copyField source="raw_name" dest="indexed_name" />

<copyField source="raw_name" dest="other_indexed_name" />

I set the indexed fields to be stored so that I could see what exactly
my custom types' filters produce. In the Analyzer utility in the Admin
webapp seems to apply the filters properly. However, query results
against this index return the original "raw_name" value for both of the
indexed fields.

Is it the expected behavior that copyField targets with stored="true"
always store the source value they were given?

If so, is there any way to store the post-filtered target value instead?

Thanks,

Michael Henson

Michael.Henson@napster.com

This correspondence is from Napster, Inc. or its affiliated entities
and is intended only for use by the recipient named herein. This
correspondence may contain privileged, proprietary and/or confidential
information, and is intended only to be seen and used by named addressee(s).
You are notified that any discussion, dissemination,distribution or copying
of this correspondence and any attachments, is strictly prohibited,
unless otherwise authorized or consented to in writing by the sender.
If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the
sender immediately, and please permanently delete the original and any
copies of it and any attachment and destroy any related printouts without
reading or copying them.

Re: copyField stored values question

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Michael Henson
<Mi...@napster.com> wrote:
> I set the indexed fields to be stored so that I could see what exactly
> my custom types' filters produce. In the Analyzer utility in the Admin
> webapp seems to apply the filters properly. However, query results
> against this index return the original "raw_name" value for both of the
> indexed fields.

Stored fields are never modified.  The output from analyzers is used
for indexing purposes only.

-Yonik