Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2019/02/03 01:09:43 UTC

Re: 2.1.2 release

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:12:03AM -0800, Andrew Gaul wrote:
> We have not had a release in some time.  Given the situation with Java 8
> and Karaf on master, I propose that we release 2.1.2 and I can manage
> this release.  I commented on the open pull requests that seem possible
> to make it over the line but I propose starting the release process
> later this week.

We can no longer use JDK 6[1] and JDK 8 has its own issues.  I was
successfully able to run the release with JDK 7 and TLS
configuration[2].  The path to continue using our antique toolchain
continues to narrow.

[1] https://central.sonatype.org/articles/2018/May/04/discontinued-support-for-tlsv11-and-below/
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50824789/why-am-i-getting-received-fatal-alert-protocol-version-or-peer-not-authentic

--