Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2009/03/20 18:38:39 UTC

Preparing to release 0.9

Hey,

I just went and closed off all my blocking tickets, we now have:

If we can get these closed off today or tomorrow, I will prepare a release.

We could have 0.9 by Wednesday if things go smoothly!

Best,

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Along with 297, I'm 292 looks like its a slightly different
manifestation of the same bug.

Paul

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
Yikes. No time yet. Maybe tomorrow...  Also don't let me stop anyone
who wants to write them.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 22 Mar 2009, at 12:39, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I just went and closed off all my blocking tickets, we now have:
>>
>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-297
>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-223
>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-172
>>
>> If we can get these closed off today or tomorrow, I will prepare a
>> release.
>>

> The only missing link now is the NEWS and CHANGES document. I'll work
> on them on the plane to Amsterdam.

Could anyone here take a stab at updating http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Configurationfile_couch%2eini
for 0.9 (or make a new page, since the page name is pretty silly :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 03:05:46PM +0000, Chris Anderson wrote:
> My changes have been committed. I think we're ready for a release artifact.

I'll take a look when I have a pocket of time. Thanks!

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

http://jchrisa.net
http://couch.io

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just went and closed off all my blocking tickets, we now have:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-297
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-223
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-172
>
> If we can get these closed off today or tomorrow, I will prepare a release.

The only missing link now is the NEWS and CHANGES document. I'll work
on them on the plane to Amsterdam.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 09:46:58PM +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
> Of course, I wasn't able to look at 300 when I created 298 :-)

Any excuse...

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Brian Candler <B....@pobox.com>.
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 06:26:52PM +0100, Sven Helmberger wrote:
>> Erm, couldn't someone look at 298 first?
>
> That sounds a bit like 300 which was just fixed. Maybe you should
> recheck with the current trunk

Yes it's fixed (the script now produces the expected output).

Of course, I wasn't able to look at 300 when I created 298 :-)

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Regards,

Brian.

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Sven Helmberger <sv...@gmx.de>.
Brian Candler wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:38:39PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
>> I just went and closed off all my blocking tickets, we now have:
>>
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-297
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-223
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-172
>>
>> If we can get these closed off today or tomorrow, I will prepare a release.
>
> Erm, couldn't someone look at 298 first?

That sounds a bit like 300 which was just fixed. Maybe you should
recheck with the current trunk

Regards,
Sven Helmberger

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 22 Mar 2009, at 00:25, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 05:16:52PM +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
>>> Erm, couldn't someone look at 298 first?
>>
>> It's not listed as a blocker.
>>

> This is marked as closed now. I didn't have a chance to check the
> script. If it's not fixed, can you please reopen?
>
> Generally if you can provide failing tests as patches to the
> JavaScript tests they are much faster to apply and fixes are then
> regression proof.
>
> Thanks for keeping up with details.

I just ran the script, the the fix for 300 also fixed this one.

Cheers
Jan

Re: Preparing to release 0.9

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.