Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/08 16:08:37 UTC

[Fwd: [CONF] Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base: the LDAP server in Geronimo 2.0.2 (page created)]

Hi All,
this is a question a user posted on the Knowledge Base.

Basically, where did the LDAP plugin go in Geronimo v2.0.2?

I've lost track of LDAP, does anybody has an update?

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jan 8, 2008, at 7:08 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Hi All,
> this is a question a user posted on the Knowledge Base.
>
> Basically, where did the LDAP plugin go in Geronimo v2.0.2?

I moved it to plugins/directory.  In branches/2.0 there's a version
that I think used apacheds 1.5.0 and works with geronimo 2.0.2 and in
trunk is a version that works with an outdated apacheds trunk and
geronimo trunk (2.1-SNAPSHOT).    I'm afraid I've lost track of
reality regarding likely release dates for both apacheds 2 and
geronimo 2.1 -- I've been expecting them to be released any week now
for months.

Should we clean up the branches plugin and release it?  The main
argument against this is that the geronimo-plugin.xml format changed
a lot and old plugins won't run on geronimo 2.1.

thanks
david jencks