Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hitesh <hi...@contentsphere.com> on 2018/05/22 09:14:58 UTC

OS wise setup

When we head to the download site of ActiveMQ, we see the setup is
distributed for different OS.
Is there a specific reason for the same? Or can we use a single setup across
all types of systems?

My application is not OS specific, so it can be installed on any type of OS.
Since ActiveMQ differentiates the setup for different OS, I'll have to pack
both into my application.

Any suggestions/information about the same?

Re: OS wise setup

Posted by Hitesh <hi...@contentsphere.com>.
Thanks for the help. All my queries are answered.

Re: OS wise setup

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I can't think of any problems I'd expect to see if you merge the bin
directories.

Tim

Re: OS wise setup

Re: OS wise setup

Posted by Lachezar Dobrev <l....@gmail.com>.
  The OS specific differences are mostly the start/stop scripts and
the service installation tools.
  One *could* merge the "bin" directories from both and provide a
combined distribution.

  P.S. It seems there are end-of-line differences in text files, which
should be noted.

  P.S. There seems to be a difference in glyphicons-halflings*.png
files, which puzzles me. It looks like something *buggy* has converted
new lines into new-line+carriage-return in a binary file.