Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by arockia <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/09 19:12:25 UTC

Auto create dead letter Resources - Server not starting

I have configured below configuration in my broker to auto create DLQ by
queue

        <address-settings>
            <address-setting match="#">
                <dead-letter-address>DLA</dead-letter-address>
                <max-delivery-attempts>3</max-delivery-attempts>

<auto-create-dead-letter-resources>true</auto-create-dead-letter-resources>
            </address-setting>
        </address-settings>

After adding this the server is not starting, and Im not sure what am I
missing. Followed the documentation.
Below is the startup error

2020-05-09 17:27:24,079 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.client]
AMQ214019: Invalid configuration: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException;
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'{"urn:activemq:core":auto-create-dead-letter-resources}'. One of
'{"urn:activemq:core":expiry-address, "urn:activemq:core":expiry-delay,
"urn:activemq:core":redelivery-delay,
"urn:activemq:core":redelivery-delay-multiplier,
"urn:activemq:core":redelivery-collision-avoidance-factor,
"urn:activemq:core":max-redelivery-delay,
"urn:activemq:core":max-size-bytes,
"urn:activemq:core":max-size-bytes-reject-threshold,
"urn:activemq:core":page-size-bytes,
"urn:activemq:core":page-max-cache-size,
"urn:activemq:core":address-full-policy,
"urn:activemq:core":message-counter-history-day-limit,
"urn:activemq:core":last-value-queue,
"urn:activemq:core":default-last-value-queue,
"urn:activemq:core":default-last-value-key,
"urn:activemq:core":default-non-destructive,
"urn:activemq:core":default-exclusive-queue,
"urn:activemq:core":default-group-rebalance,
"urn:activemq:core":default-group-buckets,
"urn:activemq:core":default-group-first-key,
"urn:activemq:core":default-consumers-before-dispatch,
"urn:activemq:core":default-delay-before-dispatch,
"urn:activemq:core":redistribution-delay,
"urn:activemq:core":send-to-dla-on-no-route,
"urn:activemq:core":slow-consumer-threshold,
"urn:activemq:core":slow-consumer-policy,
"urn:activemq:core":slow-consumer-check-period,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-create-jms-queues,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-jms-queues,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-create-jms-topics,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-jms-topics,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-create-queues,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-queues,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-created-queues,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-queues-delay,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-queues-message-count,
"urn:activemq:core":config-delete-queues,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-create-addresses,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-addresses,
"urn:activemq:core":auto-delete-addresses-delay,
"urn:activemq:core":config-delete-addresses,
"urn:activemq:core":management-browse-page-size,
"urn:activemq:core":default-purge-on-no-consumers,
"urn:activemq:core":default-max-consumers,
"urn:activemq:core":default-queue-routing-type,
"urn:activemq:core":default-address-routing-type,
"urn:activemq:core":default-consumer-window-size,
"urn:activemq:core":default-ring-size,
"urn:activemq:core":retroactive-message-count}' is expected.
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:204)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:135)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:396)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:327)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:284)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:511)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3587)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:1971)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:829)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.DOMValidatorHelper.beginNode(DOMValidatorHelper.java:276)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.DOMValidatorHelper.validate(DOMValidatorHelper.java:243)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.DOMValidatorHelper.validate(DOMValidatorHelper.java:189)
[java.xml:]
	at
java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.ValidatorImpl.validate(ValidatorImpl.java:108)
[java.xml:]
	at java.xml/javax.xml.validation.Validator.validate(Validator.java:124)
[java.xml:]
	at org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.XMLUtil.validate(XMLUtil.java:353)
[artemis-core-client-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.config.FileDeploymentManager.readConfiguration(FileDeploymentManager.java:79)
[artemis-server-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.integration.FileBroker.start(FileBroker.java:61)
[artemis-cli-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at org.apache.activemq.artemis.cli.commands.Run.execute(Run.java:84)
[artemis-cli-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.cli.Artemis.internalExecute(Artemis.java:150)
[artemis-cli-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at org.apache.activemq.artemis.cli.Artemis.execute(Artemis.java:98)
[artemis-cli-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at org.apache.activemq.artemis.cli.Artemis.execute(Artemis.java:125)
[artemis-cli-2.11.0.jar:2.11.0]
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method) [java.base:]
	at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
[java.base:]
	at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[java.base:]
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) [java.base:]
	at org.apache.activemq.artemis.boot.Artemis.execute(Artemis.java:129)
[artemis-boot.jar:2.11.0]
	at org.apache.activemq.artemis.boot.Artemis.main(Artemis.java:49)
[artemis-boot.jar:2.11.0]

Re: Auto create dead letter Resources - Server not starting

Posted by arockia <ga...@gmail.com>.
Ah its a feature of 2.12.0, got it.

We are in 2.11.0

Will upgrade and see if it works

Re: Auto create dead letter Resources - Server not starting

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Version controlling the documentation is a nice improvement from 5.x's
wiki-based approach where the documentation has to be everything for
everyone. I hadn't realized that that was being done, so thanks for the
explanation.

Tim

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.