Posted to users@maven.apache.org by houzecl <ch...@etat.ge.ch> on 2009/02/11 18:46:21 UTC

Re: The PluginDescriptor for the plugin Plugin [...] was not found.

Although this question is very old, we just got the same problem today, and I
will post an answer now, as it may help others not to search for too long:

the packaging for a plugin MUST BE:

	<packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>

and not
	<packaging>jar</packaging>

you may build OK your plugin with a jar packaging, but if it's not
"packaged" as a maven-plugin, ... well it's not a maven plugin :-)

Thanks to all Maven committers for the good job

Christian-Luc