Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 10:00:09 UTC

[VOTE] cordoav-cli@3.4.1-0.1.0, cordova-plugman@0.21.0 and cordova-ios@3.4.1

Please review and vote on the release of this cordova-cli, cordova-plugman
and cordova-ios release.

cordova-cli@3.4.1-0.1.0, cordova-plugman@0.21.0 and cordova-ios@3.4.1 have
been published here:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/CB-6245/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/CB-6245/>*

The packages were published from their corresponding git tags:
    cordova-cli: 3.4.1-0.1.0 (b769a304be)
    cordova-plugman: 0.21.0 (b2f3a130d3)
    cordova-ios: 3.4.1 (a96d2360fa)

Upon a successful vote I will upload the cli & plugman archives to dist/
and publish them to npm. Cordova-ios will be uploaded to dist/platforms. I
will then post the corresponding blog post.

Voting will go on for a minimum of 24 hours.

I vote +1.

If people want individual vote threads for each item, let me know and I
will create them instead of this thread.

Re: [VOTE] cordoav-cli@3.4.1-0.1.0, cordova-plugman@0.21.0 and cordova-ios@3.4.1

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
Okay, that makes sense :)

I figured it would work if we changed both of those manually, and it's good
to have confirmation of that. Thanks

Ian

Posted by Marc Weiner <mh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Weiner <mh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Marc Weiner <mh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Good points everyone.

So what should my next steps be?

Do I do the plugman release first and then the CLI release?

Or do we add instructions here on how to test these and continue the vote?

Axel & Parashuram, I think we should wait to add those pull requests until
this release gets out. I would have to redo the testing if I include any
new code in. I won't have anytime to do this until after apachecon (delay
the release by 1 week).  It would be better to get this out and do another
release in a week with those included.

Posted by "Naik, Archana" <na...@lab126.com>.
+1

Posted by Sebastien Blanc <sc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Deleting shrinkwrap.json to do testing is a bad practice.

One of the main reasons for testing with shrinkwrap.json is to make sure
everyone test the same dependencies version for the whole dependency graph.
and users get what we tested.

I think it's OK to manually edit the package.json and shrinkwrap.json to
update only the plugman version to a different one or local one, but do not
delete the shrinkwrap.json so the other dependencies get tested as intended
to be release.

This was the agreement from the discussion here:
http://markmail.org/thread/j6bv5bk5ndlokobj

--Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] cordoav-cli@3.4.1-0.1.0, cordova-plugman@0.21.0 and cordova-ios@3.4.1

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
No, it's not a huge deal. I was only suggesting we avoid it if possible,
otherwise update the README.

Our internal CI starting failing as soon as that commit was made as well.
Anyone using this downstream will need to make changes.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
SGTM