Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Debbie Shapiro <DS...@cardiacscience.com> on 2008/04/25 20:19:08 UTC

Trouble with installation

Hello -

Let me preface this with saying I am not a Java guru by any means. I am
trying to install Ant 1.7 in conjunction with a Pentaho Business
Intelligence installation. I had extracted the application into a
directory on my server and tried to create a build.xml but then learned
that Ant needs the Java JDK installed and not just a JRE. I had 1.5.0_04
JRE installed. Downloaded 1.5.0_15 JDK and installed that on my server.
Yesterday, when I tried to run Ant -diagnostics it indicated it was
still pointing to my _04 version even though I had changed my JAVA_HOME
and PATH to point to the new installation. I uninstalled the _04 version
completely. However, when I try to run Ant -diagnostics now it is giving
me the following error:

org/apache/tools/ant/Launch/Launcher

I checked my java version. And this all seems correct: Java(tm) 2
Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_015-b04) Java
JotSpot(tm) Client VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode, sharing)

I DO NOT have a CLASSPATH set. Only ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME, PATH. What am I
doing wrong here? I followed the instructions in the manual completely.
Did not do any of the optional tasks.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Debbie Shapiro
Data Warehouse Manager
Cardiac Science Corporation * cardiacscience.com
3303 Monte Villa Parkway, Bothell, WA 98021
Office: 425.402.2233

Cardiac Science Corporation [NASDAQ: CSCX] is a global leader in
advanced cardiac diagnosis, resuscitation, rehabilitation, and
informatics products.

Re: Trouble with installation

Posted by glenn opdycke-hansen <gl...@gmail.com>.
JAVA_HOME should have 1 directory in it, since it is home and not a
path.  I would look for the Ant bin directory in the PATH and
JAVA_HOME to contain the directory that the java jdk is installed to.

--glenn

Posted by glenn opdycke-hansen <gl...@gmail.com>.