Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Colin Hartley <co...@datagenicgroup.com> on 2016/07/13 12:13:26 UTC

ScheduledPollingConsumer properties

It appears that support for a named scheduled polling consumer is there, but
you have to have at least one scheduler.xxx property set before it utilises
it. e.g.

I have this configured:
<bean id="nps-scheduler"
class="org.apache.camel.pollconsumer.quartz2.QuartzScheduledPollConsumerScheduler">
    <property name="cron" value="0 * * * * ?"/>
</bean>

In my route, I reference it like this, but it doesn't use it:
<from uri="ftp://ftp.somewhere.com/path?scheduler=nps-scheduler" />

If I add a scheduler property, it then uses it, e.g.
<from
uri="ftp://ftp.somewhere.com/path?scheduler=nps-scheduler&amp;scheduler.triggerId=?"
/>

RE: ScheduledPollingConsumer properties

Posted by "Siano, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Hi,

I also ran into this "issue". The create has a drop-down list, that only contains the entry "Create Service Desk Request". In order to create an issue on Camel, you need to click on the "Create" itself.

Best regards
Stephan

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Ah yeah that is a little bug, you are welcome to log a JIRA
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Colin Hartley
<co...@datagenicgroup.com> wrote:
> I am using 2.17.1.
>
> I debugged through the ScheduledPollEndpoint:
>
> without the property:
> setScheduler(String) is called to set the scheduler name
> but the setScheduler(ScheduledPollConsumerScheduler) is never called
>
> It is probably because
> configureScheduledPollConsumerProperties
>
> is never called when no properties are set

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
What version of Camel do you use?

I think we had a bug in an older Camel version, so if possible try
with latest version.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Colin Hartley
<co...@datagenicgroup.com> wrote:
> It appears that support for a named scheduled polling consumer is there, but
> you have to have at least one scheduler.xxx property set before it utilises
> it. e.g.
>
> I have this configured:
> <bean id="nps-scheduler"
> class="org.apache.camel.pollconsumer.quartz2.QuartzScheduledPollConsumerScheduler">
>     <property name="cron" value="0 * * * * ?"/>
> </bean>
>
> In my route, I reference it like this, but it doesn't use it:
> <from uri="ftp://ftp.somewhere.com/path?scheduler=nps-scheduler" />
>
> If I add a scheduler property, it then uses it, e.g.
> <from
> uri="ftp://ftp.somewhere.com/path?scheduler=nps-scheduler&amp;scheduler.triggerId=?"
> />

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus