Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/10/31 18:01:52 UTC

[Results] Promote Math project to Commons Proper...

Its been a week without any objection. I'd like to now begin the process
of moving math into the commons proper.

We are at the point of requesting that everyone who is planning any
changes or has any changes to speakup now. I am planning to move the cvs
tree Tomorrow Morning (November 1st 10:00am Eastern Standard Time), so
please let me know if there are any commits.

-Mark

*CheckList*

1. Start vote on commons-dev mailing list, stating reason for promotion
of the component.

[x]

2. After vote passes, send announcement with time of move and remind
everyone to have any files in the component checked in by that time.

[x]

3. Make Actual CVS move:

[ ]

4. Make sure your component still builds OK by building it in its new home.

[ ]

5. Update the web site for your component. Start with maven clean if
your site is mavenized. Your site should now be at
jakarta.apache.org/commons/foo rather than
jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/foo

[ ]

6. Update the commons web site to reflect your component's move. You
will need to update the menus under
jakarta-commons/xdocs/stylesheet/menus (components.xml and sandbox.xml),
as well as the main jakarta-commons/xdocs/components.xml file.

[ ]

7. Send an announcement to commons-dev and commons-user announcing the move.

[ ]

8. Gather a list of committers for the component, ask
pmc@jakarta.apache.org to give them commit access to component in
commons-proper.

[ ]

9. Start planning a release ;)

(Appendix)

9'. Check-out jakarta-site2 and edit jakarta-site2/xdocs/index.xml and
news.xml. Put a news of "Commons-XX graduated from Sandbox to
Commons-Proper"

[ ]

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer

Re: [Results] Promote Math project to Commons Proper...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> 8. Gather a list of committers for the component, ask
> pmc@jakarta.apache.org to give them commit access to component in
> commons-proper.

Well, I didn't work as much on [math] as I should have, but you can
count me in. I don't have karma for jakarta-commonss though.

If we are at it, I'd like to propose Brent Worden as committer too,
he seems to be very committed:-) to [math], counting the number of
his patches and the timespan of his engagement.

J.Pietschmann