Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Gong Dewei <ky...@qq.com> on 2021/03/11 07:42:09 UTC

[Discuss] Merge apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into apache/dubbo

Hi&nbsp;All,

This discussion is about merging apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into apache/dubbo project.

The code of dubbo spring-boot is relatively small[1], but its processing logic is very close to the dubbo-config-spring module. Separating the two projects is prone to version compatibility issues[2], and it also increases the work of development and testing [3].

The benefits of the merger can be foreseen:
1. Simplify the testing workflow (github actions) of apache/dubbo &amp; apache/dubbo-samples.
2. There is no need to release dubbo-spring-boot-* separately to avoid the problem of component version mismatch
3. The development and testing related to dubbo spring is more efficient.

Any ideas?

[1]&nbsp;https://github.com/apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project
[2]&nbsp;https://github.com/apache/dubbo/issues/7347
[3]&nbsp;https://github.com/apache/dubbo/blob/master/.github/workflows/build-and-test.yml&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;https://github.com/apache/dubbo-samples/blob/master/.github/workflows/dubbo-2.yml

&nbsp;Gong Dewei
 &nbsp;

Re: [Discuss] Merge apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into apache/dubbo

Posted by ranke <21...@qq.com>.
+1 to merge

发自我的iPhone

From: Albumen Kevin <albumenj@apache.org&gt;
Date: Thu,Mar 11,2021 4:10 PM
To: dev <dev@dubbo.apache.org&gt;
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Merge apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into apache/dubbo

+1 to merge

If we merge them together, it would be more easier for users to use Dubbo
in spring-boot env.

Also, it is duplicated to publish Dubbo and dubbo-spring-boot-project for
two times, and this will confuse users.

Albumen

leyou240@live.cn <leyou240@live.cn&gt; 于 2021年3月11日周四 下午3:44写道:

&gt; +1 to merge
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; leyou240@live.cn
&gt;
&gt; From: Gong Dewei
&gt; Date: 2021-03-11 15:42
&gt; To: dev
&gt; Subject: [Discuss] Merge apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into apache/dubbo
&gt; Hi&amp;nbsp;All,
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; This discussion is about merging apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into
&gt; apache/dubbo project.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; The code of dubbo spring-boot is relatively small[1], but its processing
&gt; logic is very close to the dubbo-config-spring module. Separating the two
&gt; projects is prone to version compatibility issues[2], and it also increases
&gt; the work of development and testing [3].
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; The benefits of the merger can be foreseen:
&gt; 1. Simplify the testing workflow (github actions) of apache/dubbo &amp;amp;
&gt; apache/dubbo-samples.
&gt; 2. There is no need to release dubbo-spring-boot-* separately to avoid the
&gt; problem of component version mismatch
&gt; 3. The development and testing related to dubbo spring is more efficient.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Any ideas?
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; [1]&amp;nbsp;https://github.com/apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project
&gt; [2]&amp;nbsp;https://github.com/apache/dubbo/issues/7347
&gt; [3]&amp;nbsp;
&gt; https://github.com/apache/dubbo/blob/master/.github/workflows/build-and-test.yml&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp
&gt; ;
&gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
&gt; https://github.com/apache/dubbo-samples/blob/master/.github/workflows/dubbo-2.yml
&gt;
&gt; &amp;nbsp;Gong Dewei
&gt; &amp;nbsp;
&gt;

Re: [Discuss] Merge apache/dubbo-spring-boot-project into apache/dubbo

Posted by Albumen Kevin <al...@apache.org>.
+1 to merge

leyou240@live.cn <le...@live.cn> 于 2021年3月11日周四 下午3:44写道:

Posted by "leyou240@live.cn" <le...@live.cn>.
+1 to merge

leyou240@live.cn

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Agree, it is a good idea to move it into spring package.

Regards,
-Ian.