Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2018/12/05 10:16:26 UTC

Almost no one is subscribed to our security mailing list

Current subscribees are:

* me
* Ed
* Vishwas

Thank you Ed and Vishwas for sharing responsibility for this critical
aspect of our project.

Potential subscribees are anyone who has a committership or is on the PMC
of Fineract.

If you wish to subscribe please write an email to
security-subscribe@fineract.apache.org.  If you have any difficulties,
please write an email to dev@fineract.apache.org to let us know.

Unless people start subscribing, I will ask INFRA to remove the mailing
list.  With so few people subscribed, the security mailing list cannot
serve its purpose, and will be more of a problem than a solution.

Best Regards,
Myrle

Re: Almost no one is subscribed to our security mailing list

Posted by "Zayyad A. Said" <za...@intrasofttechnologies.com>.
Thanks Myrle for that clarification.

With the restrictions to be only viewed by PMC members and committers but
receive emails from all then it's important to maintain the list.

Probably most of us were not aware of it and that's why people had not
subscribed to it.

Regards,

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Myrle,

I think the reason nobody has subscribed is it probably got buried in the
bottom of that other email thread on Nov 28. I think your email above helps
to clarify the list is now available, who can subscribe and that messages
can be sent to it by any individual.

We should update the Fineract website correct? I will update the Mifos
website as to the purpose of this additional list.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative