Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Smith, Johnathan M." <js...@ubspw.com> on 2002/10/02 20:54:25 UTC

Wrapping the controller?

I have to wrap the controller to add some logging code into it.  Can someone
please maybe send me a sample on how should I do it?

Re: Wrapping the controller?

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Another option is to create your own Action base class (that adds logging)
that all your Actions will extend. I believe this strategy has been
identified as a "Best Practice" if and when you need to add this kind of
thing. We did this on a project I worked on and added code to the base class
for several reasons over the life of the project.

-Max

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>