Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by techkatta <te...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/18 16:19:04 UTC

Lucene in EJB enviornment

I am using the Lucene in the EJB enviornment with Berkeley DB JE as a data
store using the JCA on JBoss 4.2.0

My question is using Lucene in EJB enviornment is suggestable or not ?

For every request i am trying to open the IndexSearcher object and while
exiting from the EJb i am closing. It's giving OutOfMemory issues in the
production server after 2 to 3 hrs running.

Can anybody the suggest the soultion for the above probelm ?

Thanks,
techkatta

Re: Lucene in EJB enviornment

Posted by techkatta <te...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, as per the Lucene performance standards use only one IndexSearcher
instance is true. But i am using the Lucene with Berkeley DB JE as a
datastore in the EJB. So while exiting from the Sesssion Bean i am closing
Berkeley DB JE connections as per the EJB standards. Which internally closes
the JEDirectory, and it causes the IndexSearcher unavailable for the next
request.

My question is how to retain the IndexSearcher as a resuable instance ?