Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/09 16:34:15 UTC

Mapping the Security API to REST style endpoints

I'm writing a REST style wrapper for the inquiry api and started
thinking about how to support authenticated users to the REST inquiry
binding. I came up with two options

1) Use servlet container authentication, then just trust the container
provided identity. We'll need a way to provide that info to the
existing service code
2) Create a REST endpoint for the Security API that uses post, then
pass the auth token as a query parameter or something to the REST
bindings

Any one else have any ideas or comments?

Re: Mapping the Security API to REST style endpoints

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
That's nice that CXF supports it. Since this is an add on feature I'm
fine with it being
restricted to CXF. I'm guessing that CXF will be used in 80% of our
deployments anyway.
We can document what features someone would need to implement to port it
when using other stacks.

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.