Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Tyler - ISD <Mi...@wal-mart.com> on 2012/06/20 19:38:51 UTC

HTTPD Question

Anyone have a list of which versions of Apache HTTPD will Axis2/C work with?

I am particularly interested in whether it will work with Apache CXF and IBM's WebSphere IHS.

L. Michael Tyler, II
System Analyst - ISD Aps Dev Store Systems Services
Phone 479.277.2811
BlackBerry 479.420.3798
Michael.Tyler@wal-mart.com<ma...@wal-mart.com>
page Tyler Michael<mailto:pageLMTYLER>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential ***

Re: Building Axis2C on Solaris 64-bit

Posted by ramesh Gopal <fa...@yahoo.com>.
I had done this sometime back, I created a document for myself, hope you find it useful.

COMPILING AXIS2C ON Solaris 5.10 - 64 bit

1) Copy the tar file to your directory

    For example:
        cp axis2c-src-1.5.0.tar /work/myfolder

2) Go to your directory and extract the tar file (axis2c-src-1.5.0.tar)  which has the axis2c source
    cd /path_to_your_directory
    tar -xvf axis2c-src-1.5.0.tar

    This will extract the source inside axis2c-src-1.5.0 (in the current directory,i.e,myfolder)

3) Create a directory and set this directory as AXIS2C_HOME

    For example:
        mkdir /work/myfolder/AXIS2C
        setenv AXIS2C_HOME /work/myfolder/AXIS2C

4) Go to the source directory(axis2c-src-1.5.0).
    cd /your_path_to_axis2c_source

    Add -m64 to CFLAGS before -g in the configure script in the axis2/c source.

    Make the same changes to the configure script in the following directories:
        a) axis2c-src-1.5.0/axiom
        b) axis2c-src-1.5.0/guththila
        c) axis2c-src-1.5.0/neethi
        d) axis2c-src-1.5.0/samples
        e) axis2c-src-1.5.0/util

5) Run configure as follows
        ./configure  LIBS="-lsocket"  --prefix=${AXIS2C_HOME}

6) Run 'make' from the source directory (axis2c-src-1.5.0)

7) To install the binaries, run 'make install' from the source directory (axis2c-src-1.5.0)

    For example:
        make install

       This step installs the axis2c binaries in ${AXIS2C_HOME}

COMPILING THE SAMPLES
--------------------------------------

1) Go to the samples directory inside the source directory (axis2c-src-1.5.0)

    cd samples

    set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows:
        setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/sparcv9:${AXIS2C_HOME}/lib

2) Run the configure script inside the samples directory as follows
        ./configure --prefix=${AXIS2C_HOME} --with-axis2=${AXIS2C_HOME}/include/
axis2-1.5.0

3) Run make (inside the samples directory). This will compile the samples

    For example:

        make

4) Run make install which installs the samples inside $AXIS2C_HOME/bin/samples/ directory.

    For example:
        make install

RUNNING THE AXIS2C SERVER

1) Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows
        Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib:${AXIS2C_HOME}/lib

2) Go to ${AXIS2C_HOME}/bin

     cd ${AXIS2C_HOME}/bin

    Start the server as follows

        ./axis2_http_server

    You should see the message

               Started Simple Axis2 HTTP Server...

3) Running the samples(to be run in a new shell)

        Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows

        Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib:${AXIS2C_HOME}/lib

        Go to ${AXIS2C_HOME}/bin/samples

        cd ${AXIS2C_HOME}/bin/samples

        When the server is up and running, run the sample clients in a new shell asfollows

         ./echo

         This will invoke echo service.

         ./math

         This will invoke math service.

Hope this helps ....

Ramesh.

________________________________
Posted by Alex Mantaut <al...@intraway.com>.
Hi Nadine,

Re: HTTPD Question

Posted by Dinesh Weerapurage <xy...@gmail.com>.
I don't recall any version numbers but when we released Axis2/C, made sure
to test with current HTTPD server. Again last release was in 2009,
therefore should work with HTTPD server by that time. I hope other users
can provide more details on this.

AFAIK, other than HTTPD and simple axis server, only server we tested with
was IIS. someone can more recent information on this too. You can find
little more details in Axis2/C mannual [1].

thanks,
Dinesh.

1. http://axis.apache.org/axis2/c/core/docs/axis2c_manual.html