Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by Drew <dr...@drish.net> on 2001/06/12 10:01:58 UTC

hflush and ie problems

seems that ie doesn't like hflush, it only shows the page when it's
finished.
netscape also has a problem with it, but can be fixed by putting a br or
p tag at the end of the thing you want outputted to the page.

any ideas to fix?

(im not on the list, include me in reply)

Re: hflush and ie problems

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>.
Drew <dr...@drish.net> writes:

> seems that ie doesn't like hflush, it only shows the page when it's
> finished.

Then hflush will have no effect.  You just have to wait till the page
is finished, I guess.

> netscape also has a problem with it, but can be fixed by putting a
> br or p tag at the end of the thing you want outputted to the page.

> any ideas to fix?

Sounds like it's a browser issue to me.  Hflush just flushes the input
stream.  What the browser then does with that is not apache's problem.

--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/