Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Galinski <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2005/08/23 09:46:45 UTC

Middlgen (Plugin)

Hello,

I'm new to Maven (cur. using 1.0.2 with MevenIDE and Eclipse). I want
to use Maven to automatically generate Hibernate Data Classes from an
DB.
I understood that middlegen does the job and that there is a plugin for Maven.

But when I download from ibiblio , I just get a 2k file consisting
only of the Manifest. Maven complains about irregular plugin file and
aborts compilation.

I even tried building the plugin myself, but the file created ("BUILD
SUCCESSFUL") is just as useless as the one downloaded.

Anyone had been more lucky than me so far?
Any hints appreciated.

regards

Jan

Re: Middlgen (Plugin)

Posted by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org>.
Jan Galinski wrote:
>>We see you.
>

> so its just that none of you knows how to combine middlegen and maven.
> Or wont tell if he knows.
>
> Thanks Dmitry

It may be that the middlegen maven plugin is no longer available
directly from the Middlegen site. I'm familiar with the plugin and I
spent some time just now poking aroung the Middlegen site and I could
not find it.

When I was using it more regularly I found that the plugin could not
support my Hibernate development, so I wrote Jelly script to drive the
Middlegen ant task instead. I've migrated away from Middlegen completely
and have been writing Hibernate capable pojos by hand using Hibernate 3
and Hibernate Annotations. Since the Middlegen plugin wasn't capable of
generating a compareTo method, there were things that I ended up having
to do myself anyway.

[I'm attaching the plugin] I tried attaching the plugin, and the message
never appeared on the list. If you still need a copy, send me an email
and I'll send it to you directly.

Jelly script that I used to drive Middlegen appears below.

Best regards

   <goal name="middle">
     <taskdef name="middlegen"
       classname="middlegen.MiddlegenTask"
       classpathref="maven.dependency.classpath"/>

     <middlegen
       appname="restaurant"
       prefsdir="src/resources"
       gui="true"
       driver="${maven.sql.driver}"
       databaseurl="${maven.sql.url}"
       username="${maven.sql.userid}"
       password="${maven.sql.password}">

       <many2many>
         <tablea name="meal_restaurant"/>
         <jointable name="meal_diner" generate="false"/>
         <tableb name="diner"/>
       </many2many>

       <hibernate
         destination="src/resources"
         package="org.zrgs.restaurant.data"
         genXDocletTags="true">

         <hibernateDAO

getHibernateSession="org.zrgs.util.persistence.HibernateUtil.getSession();"
           closeHibernateSession="hibSession.close();"/>

       </hibernate>
     </middlegen>
   </goal>

Re: Re[2]: Middlgen (Plugin)

Posted by Jan Galinski <ja...@googlemail.com>.

Re[2]: Middlgen (Plugin)

Posted by Dmitry Ochnev <do...@custis.ru>.
Hello Jan,

We see you.

> Hello again,

> and sorry to annoy you.

> as this had been my first post to the list, and none answered so far,
> I wondered if anybody except me got this question at all.

> maybe someone could just post a nifty reply so I know that at least
> I#ve been heard?

> Thanx

> Jan

Best regards,