Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2002/05/03 20:23:11 UTC

Building the Java part of WebApp...

Ok, I'm about to tackle *my disgrace* build.xml.

When building Tomcat, what properties does it supply me, and what targets
does it execute? And (last but not least) where the heck does it want the
warp.jar?

(I assume this: it passes catalina.home and expects warp.jar in
build/warp.jar, calling the "compile" target, right?

I want to get rid of all the crap and come out with a clean *SMALL*
build.xml, and I'd relly wouldn't want to break the whole kit...

    Pier

Re: Building the Java part of WebApp...

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "Pier Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:
>

>>Ok, I'm about to tackle *my disgrace* build.xml.
>>
>>When building Tomcat, what properties does it supply me, and what targets
>>does it execute? And (last but not least) where the heck does it want the
>>warp.jar?
>>
>>(I assume this: it passes catalina.home and expects warp.jar in
>>build/warp.jar, calling the "compile" target, right?
>>
>>I want to get rid of all the crap and come out with a clean *SMALL*
>>build.xml, and I'd relly wouldn't want to break the whole kit...
>

> Okkkeeeeyyyy... AFAICS, in tomcat 4.1 WARP is _NOT_ there (there's no
> whatsoever concept of "warp.jar" in any whatsoever xml file, while in 4.0
> it's still there in the repo in /catalina/src/share/org..../connectors/warp.

The idea is WARP should be in jtc not in tc.

> Kewl, that means that I can basically do whatever I want with it (I _like_
> this!)

... Nearly ;-)

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.