Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Doug Crowe <Do...@vatransformer.com> on 2002/04/23 15:13:27 UTC

help please in setting up apache 2.035

I am setting up apache for the first time ever, and all went smoothly, I
have a successful test page working. The only problem I have now is how
to enable the use of asp pages in my site? can someone help me
understand how I can use ASP pages, keeping in mind I am new to apache.

TIA,
	Doug Crowe

Re: Help with SSL and Apache, only one small teensy problem...

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
Subscribed wrote:

> Hi all, still workin on this SSL toy.
>
> cannot add module 'mod_ssl.c' Not in the list of loaded modules

AddModule activates a module which is compiled in. This implies you did
a static linking. If you do "httpd -l" you should see a list of the
compiled in modules - check if mod_ssl is among them.

If you compiled apache for dynamic linking (where you load the modules
at runtime) then you should see only mod_so in the module list above and
you should use LoadModule to pull in mod_ssl and others.

Since you are on windows, you probably just installed a binary and don't
know how it was compiled so use httpd -l to test.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

Help with SSL and Apache, only one small teensy problem...

Posted by Subscribed <su...@myarchive.biz>.
Hi all, still workin on this SSL toy.

cannot add module 'mod_ssl.c' Not in the list of loaded modules

So far I've loaded and installed Openssl, made certificates, and the lot.
I'm following instructions from

http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3 and they seem to be fine,
except for they dont address

this issue. (except for the add module line, which is in it already. )

Any ideas? Even if you use Linux, any ideas would be nice. I'm pretty good
at

"platform transitioning" advice :0)

Here's what I got for Addmodule:

AddModule mod_cgi.c mod_ssl.c mod_dir.c mod_userdir.c mod_alias.c

I've tried Addmodule with just mod_ssl.c alone with the same results.

Also, I've tried just loadmodule by itself, but it hangs there as well.

AddModule mod_cgi.c mod_ssl.c mod_dir.c mod_userdir.c mod_alias.c

thanks!

====================================
"It is said that if you line up all the cars in the
world end to end, someone would be stupid
enough to try and pass them."
====================================
Posted by Simon Oliver <si...@umist.ac.uk>.
Thanks.

Posted by Jay Turberville <ja...@studio522.com>.
Well Dwayne, you get the "happy newbie super special award of the day" (that
I just created in your honor) for not only resolving Simon's problem, but
also for resolving mine!!

See subject: Re: couldn't create child process: 22505 - Apache/2.0.35(Win32)

My working solution has been to use Apache 1.3.24.  Not exactly elegant.
I've been bashing my head against all the online docs I could find trying to
figure out this problem.  I guess what has been throwing me is that my
printenv.pl script worked fine.  So my assumption was that everything I was
doing as regards Perl was OK.  Well I went back and looked at the
printenv.pl script and for some reason, I had the full path including the
executable there - which is why that script worked.

I guess a lot of my problem comes from the difference in Unix-centric and
DOS-centric thinking.  When I see something like #!/usr/bin/perl , I see a
directory path.  Coming from a DOS world, I'm used to the convention that
executable files by convention have a suffix of .exe, .com, or .bat.  Most
files in the DOS/Windows world have some kind of suffix.  Now of course, I
realise that #!/usr/bin/perl is pointing to the specific executable as
opposed to the directory where the executable could be found!!!

Anyway, thanks a bunch!!

Jay Turberville

Posted by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net>.

Posted by Simon Oliver <si...@umist.ac.uk>.