Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Greg Hulands <gh...@framedphotographics.com> on 2005/10/10 12:52:53 UTC

Runtime exception

Hi,
I have just downloaded the latest from svn and everything builds ok,
but when I try to convert some fo to pdf I get a runtime exception
(stack trace below). I added a log.debug message into
addElementMapping and then rebuilt fop to try and log out what class
it was trying to load to try and narrow down the problem. The only
problem is that I cannot seem to get the logger setup properly.

In my Properties file I have this:
# FOP Logging
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogg
er
log4j.logger.org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder = DEBUG

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find out the cause so I
can file a bug if necessary.

Thanks,
Greg

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class
     at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
     at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
     at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
     at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.addElementMapping
(FOTreeBuilder.java:164)
     at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.setupDefaultMappings
(FOTreeBuilder.java:146)
     at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.<init>(FOTreeBuilder.java:117)
     at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.getDefaultHandler(Fop.java:131)
     at
au.com.shoebox.accounting.reports.ShoeBoxFOPComponent.appendToResponse
(ShoeBoxFOPComponent.java:52)

Re: Runtime exception

Posted by Greg Hulands <gh...@framedphotographics.com>.
Thanks again.

Greg

Re: Runtime exception

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Again, you hit a problem where FOP Trunk actually does better than FOP
0.20.5. The implementation in 0.20.5 was wrong. You need to add
content-width="scale-to-fit". Together with the scaling="uniform" FOP
Trunk will make sure that the image fits into the 3x3cm box.

BTW, you can now specify the border on external-graphic directly. You
don't have to do it on the wrapping fo:block.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Runtime exception

Posted by Greg Hulands <gh...@framedphotographics.com>.

Re: Runtime exception

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
> [...]

> >>      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
> >>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
> >>      at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
> >>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
> >>      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
> >>      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> >>      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
> >>      at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.addElementMapping
> >> (FOTreeBuilder.java:164)
> >>      at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.setupDefaultMappings
> >> (FOTreeBuilder.java:146)
> >>      at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.<init>(FOTreeBuilder.java:
> >> 117)
> >>      at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.getDefaultHandler(Fop.java:131)
> >>      at
> >> au.com.shoebox.accounting.reports.ShoeBoxFOPComponent.appendToRespons

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Runtime exception

Posted by Greg Hulands <gh...@framedphotographics.com>.
Aaaahhh, that was it. I had barcode4j in their. I am now getting this

Re: Runtime exception

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.