Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/11/14 06:07:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (RC 2)

Hey folks,

I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
from the 4.1 branch.

it's available here:

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/

Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2

Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0

This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
also to expedite the voting process.

Here's my +1

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (RC 2)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
+1

:-)

--jason

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (RC 2)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
So if my mental arithmetic is correct the results are

3 binding +1s
6 +1s from the PPMC

so this vote passes. Thanks to all those who took the time to review
the distros.

On 11/14/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
> from the 4.1 branch.
>
> it's available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/
>
> Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2
>
> Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0
>
> This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
> also to expedite the voting process.
>
> Here's my +1
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (RC 2)

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
+1

-Brian

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
+1 :)

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
+1 :)

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Howdy ActiveMQ Mentors...

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Thanks for the tip Guillaume!  Fix applied!

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (RC 2)

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Endre,

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <Ap...@stolsvik.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
So if my mental arithmetic is correct the results are

3 binding +1s
6 +1s from the PPMC

so this vote passes. Thanks to all those who took the time to review
the distros.

On 11/14/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
> from the 4.1 branch.
>
> it's available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/
>
> Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2
>
> Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0
>
> This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
> also to expedite the voting process.
>
> Here's my +1
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

James
-------

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 11/16/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> good enough for me

awesome!

> > > what is licensed under the Academic Free License version 2.1?
> > >
> > The MochiKit library included in the web module... actually its dual
> > licensed under that and the MIT License.  I included both so that end
> > users could also choose.
>
> just needed to check that we weren't breaking any license conditions
>
> be good to include a note in the LICENSE file that explains MockKit is
> dual license to avoid questions ;-) but this change would be fine in
> trunk

Actually It's already there.. :

== For the MochiKit library                                            ==

MochiKit is dual-licensed software.  It is available under the terms of the
MIT License, or the Academic Free License version 2.1.  The full text of
each license is included below.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 11/15/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/14/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
> > from the 4.1 branch.
> >
> > it's available here:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/
> >
> > Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2
> >
> > Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release binary
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
>
> apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.jar fine (note that licenses are in
> subsidary folders within META-INF)

Yeah that's cause it's an uber jar thats put together using other
jars.  sub folders are used so that one jar does not overwrite the
notice files of the previously added jars.

> main release see question (just one)
>
> -- questions --
>
> what is licensed under the Academic Free License version 2.1?

The MochiKit library included in the web module... actually its dual
licensed under that and the MIT License.  I included both so that end
users could also choose.

> -- comments --
>
> --- notes and suggestions ---
>
> the MANIFEST.MF files aren't great: missing a lot of stuff recommended
> by sun. AIUI maven can generate most of that stuff.

For some reason maven 2 has not been setting them for us.  Just for
the 4.1 release I added a few more like version number but perhaps
there are some specific ones your looking for?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Looks good to me.

On 11/14/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
> from the 4.1 branch.
>
> it's available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/
>
> Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2
>
> Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0
>
> This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
> also to expedite the voting process.
>
> Here's my +1
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

James
-------

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Looks good to me.

On 11/14/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
> from the 4.1 branch.
>
> it's available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/
>
> Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2
>
> Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0
>
> This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
> also to expedite the voting process.
>
> Here's my +1
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

James
-------

Posted by Fritz Oconer <fo...@exist.com>.
+1

Regards,
Fritz

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
+1

Regards,
Jonas

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

-dain

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
FYI, I have implemented that for xbean-spring (the uber jar source jar).
See the pom at:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/xbean/trunk/xbean-spring/pom.xml?view=markup

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Howdy ActiveMQ Mentors...

This is just a gentle reminder that this vote is still open and
looking for at least 1 more incubator PMC binding vote to make it
official.  Please take a moment and review the release.

Thanks!

On 11/14/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I was able to finally get around to doing a binary release candidate
> from the 4.1 branch.
>
> it's available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/
>
> Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.1.0-RC2
>
> Here's the wiki page for the release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ  4.1.0
>
> This vote is being cross posted to the general incubator mailing list
> also to expedite the voting process.
>
> Here's my +1
>

> --
> Regards,