Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/03/12 04:28:54 UTC

RE: [Tapestry-developer] Tapestry advantages

This comes up a lot.

First off, you can start with some research.  I spout off about Tapestry
quite a bit:  you can find threads at http://www.javalobby.org and
http://www.theserverside.com for starters.

Tapestry allows you to create web applications without really having to know
about the Servlet API.  The mantra is "objects, methods and properties".
Tapestry allows you to code in familiar patterns, using real objects that
have internal state.  Servlet API forces you to jump through hoops, often
separating code and data.  Tapestry dots the I's and crosses the T's for
you.  Tapestry reduces the amount of code you write to a pretty bare
minimum.  Tapestry supports true drop-in-and-work components, not as a
special case or an add-on, but as the only way anything works.  Tapestry
separates roles so HTML people know HTML and Java people know Java, yet
people can still work together.

More details if you need them, but check those forums.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components