Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ji...@trendmicro.com.cn on 2003/07/29 09:48:53 UTC

[users@httpd] 答复: [users@httpd] HOWTO : configuring httpd.conf for OpenSSL ?

Mixed port-based /named-based or IP-based  virtual host is not supported by ssl.
You must comments other type virual host in httpd.conf
#NameVirtualHost .....

Posted by Arthur Chan <ac...@saysit.com.hk>.
The only virtual host directive is inside the Include file "ssl.conf"
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
DocumentRoot "/path/to/html"
ServerName my.dom.com.hk:443
etc

Do you mean I have to comment that out as well :
# <VirtualHost _default_:443>
and replace that with
<VirtualHost  xxx.yyy.zzz.nnn:443> ???

TIA

Posted by Arthur Chan <ac...@saysit.com.hk>.
Hi.
All <VirtualHost...> directives have been commented out, I checked the
Include files, they have to <VirtualHost> directives.
Yet, when I do a "apachectl startssl" , I still get this mixed port error
messages.
Where have I gone wrong now ?
Very irritating  :-(
TIA

Posted by Arthur Chan <ac...@saysit.com.hk>.
Commenting out the whole <VirtualHost _default_:443> block has the benedit
that when I do a "startssl" , there are no error messages. Yet all the
requisite directives such as
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL: blabla
SSLCertificateFile /path/to/certificate
SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/key
etc...
are inside this <VirtualHost _default_:443> block.
Can this be right ???
Also, I cannot test with
# telnet localhost 80
it now gives me this message