Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> on 2020/06/09 11:43:56 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven WAR Plugin 3.3.0 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven WAR Plugin, version 3.3.0

This plugin builds a Web Application Archive (WAR) file from the project output and its dependencies.

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <version>3.3.0</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Apache Maven WAR Plugin - Version 3.3.0

Bug
* [MWAR-429] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:3.2.3:exploded (pre-exploded-war) on project alfresco-platform
* [MWAR-427] WAR plugin includes the same artifact twice if used without clean
* [MWAR-314] failOnMissingWebXml ignored when webXml set

Improvement
* [MWAR-431] make build Reproducible
* [MWAR-430] support JakartaEE namespace: remove or adapt hardcoded reference to javax.servlet package
* [MWAR-375] Remove the useCache with its implementation

New Feature
* [MWAR-432] Reproducible Builds: make entries in output jar files reproducible (order + timestamp)

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven WAR Plugin 3.3.0 Released

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MWAR-434
Thanks :))

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 23:42, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> No: please open a Jira issue with sample project, expected + effective
> result
> so we can fix and add an IT to avoid future regressions
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mercredi 10 juin 2020, 10:15:07 CEST Maxim Solodovnik a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just have switched from 3.2.3 to this new version and it seems
> >
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/exploded-mojo.html#archive
> > Classes Is not working anymore :(
> >
> > Is it intended?
> >
> > On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 18:43, Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven
> WAR
> > > Plugin, version 3.3.0
> > >
> > > This plugin builds a Web Application Archive (WAR) file from the
> project
> > > output and its dependencies.
> > >
> > > https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/
> > >
> > > You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
> > >
> > > <plugin>
> > >
> > >   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> > >   <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
> > >   <version>3.3.0</version>
> > >
> > > </plugin>
> > >

> > > Release Notes - Apache Maven WAR Plugin - Version 3.3.0
> > >
> > > Bug
> > > * [MWAR-429] Failed to execute goal
> > > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:3.2.3:exploded
> > > (pre-exploded-war)
> > > on project alfresco-platform
> > > * [MWAR-427] WAR plugin includes the same artifact twice if used
> without
> > > clean
> > > * [MWAR-314] failOnMissingWebXml ignored when webXml set
> > >
> > > Improvement
> > > * [MWAR-431] make build Reproducible
> > > * [MWAR-430] support JakartaEE namespace: remove or adapt hardcoded
> > > reference to javax.servlet package
> > > * [MWAR-375] Remove the useCache with its implementation
> > >
> > > New Feature
> > > * [MWAR-432] Reproducible Builds: make entries in output jar files
> > > reproducible (order + timestamp)
> > >

> > > Enjoy,
> > >
> > > -The Maven team

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven WAR Plugin 3.3.0 Released

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Hello,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I just have switched from 3.2.3 to this new version and it seems
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/exploded-mojo.html#archiveClasses
Is not working anymore :(

Is it intended?

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 18:43, Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven WAR
> Plugin, version 3.3.0
>
> This plugin builds a Web Application Archive (WAR) file from the project
> output and its dependencies.
>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/
>
> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>3.3.0</version>
> </plugin>
>

> Release Notes - Apache Maven WAR Plugin - Version 3.3.0
>
> Bug
> * [MWAR-429] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:3.2.3:exploded (pre-exploded-war)
> on project alfresco-platform
> * [MWAR-427] WAR plugin includes the same artifact twice if used without
> clean
> * [MWAR-314] failOnMissingWebXml ignored when webXml set
>
> Improvement
> * [MWAR-431] make build Reproducible
> * [MWAR-430] support JakartaEE namespace: remove or adapt hardcoded
> reference to javax.servlet package
> * [MWAR-375] Remove the useCache with its implementation
>
> New Feature
> * [MWAR-432] Reproducible Builds: make entries in output jar files
> reproducible (order + timestamp)
>

> Enjoy,
>
> -The Maven team

Best regards,