Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/29 17:31:12 UTC

Re: Use of OSGI for Apple Macs...

Hi All,

It has been awhile since I asked thes questions but I am curious.

1. Has anyone been able to use Felix-OSGI with the Apple Macs (Pro or Air )?

2. Has anyone used Felix-OSGI with the Apple Store?

3. Also, Does Felix-OSGI support initial deployment like Web Start does or do we still need something else? The Mac blocks use of jnlp for initial
deployment.

Thanks!
-Tony

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:21 AM, Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,

It has been awhile since I asked thes questions but I am curious.

1. Has anyone been able to use OSGI with the Apple Macs (Pro or Air )?

2. Has anyone used OSGI with the Apple Store?

3. Also, Does OSGI support initial deployment like Web Start does or do we still need something else? The Mac blocks use of jnlp for initial deployment.

Thanks!
-Tony

Re: Use of OSGI for Apple Macs...

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Neil

2. Has anyone used OSGI with the app store for deployment of an apple client app using java?

3. Years ago I was told use jnlp or something to initally get an OSGI based java client installed then OSGI will kick in for updates. Is that still the case? So If I have a client or swing app that uses OSGI does a user who wants the app go to Felix for initial deployment? Currently when you use safari on apple (I am using Mavericks) and go to a jnlp file on a web site it will not launch java web start since Apple does not have file association with jnlp. So I am saying jnlp launching will not work via safari on Mavericks with jre 7.

Hope that explains things.
-Tony

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:54 AM, Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 17:31, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It has been awhile since I asked thes questions but I am curious.
>
> 1. Has anyone been able to use Felix-OSGI with the Apple Macs (Pro or Air )?

Of course!

> 2. Has anyone used Felix-OSGI with the Apple Store?

Please clarify this question.

> 3. Also, Does Felix-OSGI support initial deployment like Web Start does or do we still need something else? The Mac blocks use of jnlp for initial
> deployment.

Huh?? No it doesn't.

Re: Use of OSGI for Apple Macs...

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Not sure what you are talking about. Does that cover initial deployment methodology?

Regards,
-Tony

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:10 PM, Daniel McGreal <da...@redbite.com> wrote:

Is the OSGi Initial Provisioning specification what you're needing?

Re: Use of OSGI for Apple Macs...

Posted by Daniel McGreal <da...@redbite.com>.

Re: Use of OSGI for Apple Macs...

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 17:31, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It has been awhile since I asked thes questions but I am curious.
>
> 1. Has anyone been able to use Felix-OSGI with the Apple Macs (Pro or Air )?

Of course!

> 2. Has anyone used Felix-OSGI with the Apple Store?

Please clarify this question.

> 3. Also, Does Felix-OSGI support initial deployment like Web Start does or do we still need something else? The Mac blocks use of jnlp for initial
> deployment.

Huh?? No it doesn't.