Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lance Riedel <la...@dotspots.com> on 2009/06/02 07:29:31 UTC

external jars in .20

We are trying to upgrade to .20 from 19.1 due to several issues we are
having.  Now are jobs are failing with class not found exceptions.

I am very confused about the final state for using external jars in .20.

-libjars no long works

placing all dependent jars in the jar /lib directory doesn't work

See:

where the code:

//adding libjars to the classpath
    Configuration conf = JobClient.getCommandLineConfig();
    URL[] libJars = GenericOptionsParser.getLibJars(conf);
    if(libJars!=null) {
      for(URL url : libJars){
        classPath.add(url);
      }
    }

Has been removed, and says it is no longer needed.. Where are the docs
for this change?

Thanks,
Lance

Re: external jars in .20

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Lance,

Where are you passing the -libjars parameter? It is now GenericOption.
It is no more a parameter for jar command.

Thanks
Amareshwari