Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/13 00:47:30 UTC

speed comparisons from maven 2 to Ant?

Does anyone have speed comparisons between maven 2 and Ant?

---
Thank You
Mick Knutson

BASE logic, inc.
(415) 648-1804 (San Francisco, CA)
http://www.BASELogic.com

http://www.djmick.com
---

Re: speed comparisons from maven 2 to Ant?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Network latency is the biggest slow point.

At this point last year, Maven was faster assuming you had all your
dependencies. Recent tests say the releases have slowed a small
amount, which we'll look to address in future 2.x releases.

However, the difference in speed between Maven and Ant is always
dwarfed by the time it takes to compile source and run tests, so it
generally isn't a concern.

- Brett

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
IMHO, ANT is a build tool, Maven is a build tool + build process.
So for ANT, you will need to write ton of code to make your own build
process.

just my 2c

-D

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.