Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Thomas Skowronek <ts...@wi.rr.com> on 2008/10/22 15:46:46 UTC

StackOverflowError when calling getUserPrincipal()

I have a custom security manager that extends DefaultWebSecurityManager.  I
have overridden the following createSubject().

http://jsecurity.org/api/org/jsecurity/web/DefaultWebSecurityManager.html#cr
eateSubject(org.jsecurity.session.Session,%20javax.servlet.ServletRequest,%2
0javax.servlet.ServletResponse)

In createSubject(), if I cast request to a HttpServletRequest and call
getUserPrincipal(), I get a java.lang.StackOverflowError.  According to the
spec, if the user has not been authenticated, the method returns null.

Any ideas?

This issue originated from the following thread.  Peter suggested I submit
the problem to this list.
http://www.nabble.com/SSO-with-Grails-JSecurity-Plugin-to19996414.html#a2009
5094

The full stacktrace can be seen here.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20094546/console_output.txt

Thank you,

Thomas

RE: StackOverflowError when calling getUserPrincipal()

Posted by Thomas Skowronek <ts...@wi.rr.com>.
No, I was not able to get it to work.  I went a different route to get a
solution.

http://www.nabble.com/How-to-configure-a-JSecurity-Filter-loginUrl-in-Grails
-td20117716.html#a20118545

Regards,

Thomas

I'm just getting back from a 2 week absence - has this been resolved?

Thanks,

Les

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
Hi Thomas,