Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by "kezhenxu94@apache" <ke...@apache.org> on 2021/08/08 09:59:19 UTC

[DISCUSSION / VOTE] Release skywalking-kubernetes to Apache JFrog repo for easy usage

Hi all, we’ve been releasing skywalking-kubernetes[1] in source codes up to now,
this is not convenient for our end users as they have to clone / download the source
codes, so I’m writing to discuss whether we should consider releasing to Apache JFrog[2]
the next version (4.1.0) for the sake of convenience.

Let me know ASAP if you have any concern, otherwise I’ll request the infra team to create a
repo for us for the same purpose.

[1] http://github.com/apache/skywalking-kubernetes
[2] https://apache.jfrog.io/ui/repos/tree/

—————————
Zhenxu Ke (柯振旭)
GitHub @kezhenxu94

Re: [DISCUSSION / VOTE] Release skywalking-kubernetes to Apache JFrog repo for easy usage

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Make sense.

Let's add this to the doc, and include this in the incoming release.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

kezhenxu94@apache <ke...@apache.org> 于2021年8月8日周日 下午8:29写道:

Posted by "kezhenxu94@apache" <ke...@apache.org>.
Like this:

helm repo add skywalking https://apache.jfrog.io/artifactory/skywalking
helm install skywalking/skywalking —options

That’s all.

> On Aug 8, 2021, at 20:12, Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good to me.
> Just want to know, is this repo going to use directly from the client
> end? How do they use it?
>
> Sheng Wu 吴晟
> Twitter, wusheng1108
>
> kezhenxu94@apache <ke...@apache.org> 于2021年8月8日周日 下午5:59写道:
>>
>> Hi all, we’ve been releasing skywalking-kubernetes[1] in source codes up to now,
>> this is not convenient for our end users as they have to clone / download the source
>> codes, so I’m writing to discuss whether we should consider releasing to Apache JFrog[2]
>> the next version (4.1.0) for the sake of convenience.
>>
>> Let me know ASAP if you have any concern, otherwise I’ll request the infra team to create a
>> repo for us for the same purpose.
>>
>> [1] http://github.com/apache/skywalking-kubernetes
>> [2] https://apache.jfrog.io/ui/repos/tree/
>>
>> —————————