Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com> on 2003/12/01 08:54:21 UTC

suggestion about POM v4

Hi all,

I've read on this list you're going to make several changes on POM, going to version 4. Here's a suggestion :

Lot's of my sub-projects have dependencies that are needed only for testing (junit, cactus, easymock ...). When setting
POM I need to declare them as project dependecies, and so they're is no way for a non-developper to know wich jar are
needed at runtime.

Do you plan to extend the <dependecy> element, the way it is done for example in war building using property
<war.bundle>true</war.bundle> ?

I think about something like this :

<properties>
    <runtime.dependency>false</runtime.dependency>  (default to "true")
</properties>

Nico.