Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2010/07/07 20:31:57 UTC

Announcement: XLDB 4

Hey,

I'm helping put together a conference on scientific data management, and I
think the Hadoop community has a lot to say on this front. If you have an
interest in this area and will be in the Bay Area the first week of October,
please read on! Otherwise, my apologies for the noise.

4th Extremely Large Databases (XLDB4) Conference
October 6-7, 2010
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Menlo Park, California

XLDB, now including a conference open to all interested parties, is the
gathering place for the community managing and analyzing data at extreme
scale.

Leading practitioners from science, industry, and academia will discuss
lessons learned and real-world solutions for handling terabytes and
petabytes of data. Experts will present emerging trends that will
significantly impact how extremely large databases are built and used.

More information, including the program, and online registration are
available at <http://www.xldb.org/4>. Space is limited, so if you would like
to attend, make sure to register soon. Early registration ($100) ends on
July 31; late registration is $150.

If you are uncertain whether to attend, I would recommend reading the
article recently written by Curt Monash: <
http://www.dbms2.com/2010/07/01/why-you-should-go-to-xldb4/>

For questions, please contact us by email using <
xldb-admin@slac.stanford.edu> or contact me directly at <hammer@cloudera.com
>.

Regards,
Jeff