Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Chandler <mi...@browning.com> on 2004/08/23 19:44:58 UTC

win 2000

I've been running Jmeter successfully on my XP box. When I try to run it
on a Win 2000 box, I get the error:

Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified.

The jmeter.bat file has the entry:
set HEAP=-Xms256m -Xmx256m

I tried resetting it but haven't found the correct combination.

Any ideas?

Re: win 2000

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
it should work if you remove it. I have JMeter 2 and 1.9 running on my
workstation at home, which is running win2K. it works with Sun
jdk1.4.2_03 and jdk5

peter

Re: win 2000

Posted by Michael Hampton <ja...@yahoo.com>.
My guess would be that you have the arguments specified incorrectly for
the specific os.  Take a look at the jmeter.bat script, and echo out
the command line before you run jmeter:

echo %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java %JVM_ARGS% %ARGS% -jar ApacheJMeter.jar
%JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS%
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java %JVM_ARGS% %ARGS% -jar ApacheJMeter.jar
%JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS%

You may find that the jmeter script has set the memory arguments
differently than you expected for win2k.

HTH