Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org> on 2016/08/30 20:30:10 UTC

[NOMINATION REQUEST] Next Chair of AOO Project Management Committee

[BCC to PMC]

I am now ready to begin the Chair nomination process.  Because of delays, the next change of Chair has moved to October 19.

REQUEST FOR NOMINATIONS

This message starts the nomination process for the next Chair for the Apache OpenOffice PMC.  The term of the next Chair will start on 2016-10-19 and my resignation will be effective on that date.

Members of the PMC can nominate themselves, expressing their willingness to serve.

You can also place the names of others in nomination.  Those individuals must accept the nomination to be considered as eligible.

The identification of Nominees will end on Tuesday, 2016-09-13.  The nature of subsequent discussion will depend on the number of Nominees.

TIMELINE

Here's the new timeline that has the replacement be ratified by the October 19, 2016 meeting of the ASF Board:

2016-10-19 ASF Board Meeting - Board rules on the resolution to install the new Chair.

2016-10-12 (latest) Resolution from AOO PMC to accept the new Chair is added to the Agenda for the 2016-10-19 Board Meeting (latest possible date)

2016-10-05 (latst) [RESULT][VOTE] on election of next Chair is reported.

2016-09-28 (latest) [VOTE] on election of next Chair begins.  This could be by lazy consensus if there is already a single acceptable candidate.

2016-09-14 [NOMINEE DISCUSSION] process begins formally and any discussion on and among candidates willing to serve takes place.

2016-08-30 [NOMINATIONS] Individuals are recommended or offer
themselves, indicate their availability to serve for at least one
single-year term, and also have their own questions answered.

 - Dennis

Re: [NOMINATION REQUEST] Next Chair of AOO Project Management Committee

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
+1 Marcus,

Thanks for volunteering !!

Carl