Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net> on 2021/08/09 14:34:50 UTC

maven-shade-plugin question

Howdy,

re maven-shade-plugin's Java package org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.pom:

1. What is the goal of this code? As there are 3 classes in here, and
Counter is used only by MavenJDOMWriter, while MavenJDOMWriter is used only
by PomWriter, while PomWriter is used only by ShadeMojo (to write out dep
reduced POM), but
2. ... the xpp3 writer is available as well, as maven-model is pulled in as
direct dependency,
3. ... but moreover, the model-writer is there as well (true. as maven-core
transitive dep)

so, what is the reason these classes exist? Do I miss something?

Thanks

Re: maven-shade-plugin question

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Looking only at the log, both writers existed before it was promoted from the sandbox in 2007.
Counter was introduced by Karl Heinz while refactoring.
It could very well be there's a better solution for it right now.
I would expect enough coverage by ITs to confirm that.

Robert