Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "PREMKUMAR, N [AG/8042]" <n....@monsanto.com> on 2002/11/11 08:10:28 UTC

Design Pattern in Ant - Template Method

Hi :

 I want to implement template-method design pattern in master-ant build
file.. is it possible ?

E.g:
 an ant-task in the master build file.. which on invocation will call
"approptiate-tasks" in a particular order.. the "appropriate-task" described
in the master build file would be abstract .. and the concrete
implementation would be in the actual project-build-files.

Also I want to know if there is any equivalent of super()  ... for a given
task .. so that the task in the master will be executed before the child
task executes. ?

Thanks,
Prem