Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2022/02/17 22:55:46 UTC

[FYI][Not a vote] Release 2.37.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review the release candidate #1 for the version 2.37.0.

Please note this is not a vote! I had RC1 mostly ready to send when I
learned about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-13959, which I
think is worth cherrypicking into a new RC. I decided to go ahead and
finish preparing the staging area rather than moving on.
I would appreciate any validation you can perform to help detect issues and
reduce the ultimate number of RCs, just be aware that an RC2 is coming.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint 1D190C85 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.37.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.3.2 and OpenJDK 8u232.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.37.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Brian

[1]
https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=projectId=12319527&version=12351168
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.37.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1252/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.37.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/623
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.37.0rc1/
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1090588300
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [FYI][Not a vote] Release 2.37.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
(not a vote)

I validated python quickstarts and they are in good shape. Thank you Brian
for working on the release, and looking forward to the RC2.

Ahmet