Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pete <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/27 10:37:46 UTC

Eclipse WTP and M2 General Question

Can anyone shed some light on how Eclipse / WTP / M2 can work together.

I was wondering if some of you guys could summarise how you are using
these tools together.

Initially I was just going to use Eclipse with M2 and leave it at
that, however I'm slightly tempted by some of the Application Server
support that WTP offers.

So a few questions are surfacing : -

- Could I use WTP just for the Application Server support (start
servers, deploy etc) but with a normal Eclipse Project ? or do I have
to in Eclipse do a 'New WTP Project' type of thing ?

- If I need to have a WTP Eclipse Project, how good is the integration
with M2 ?

- Does an WTP Eclipse Project have it's own Ant script ? I'd rather
just use M2 to build

- Is there much of a learning curve to WTP, we are experienced in
Eclipse but not WTP.

Any other observations would be most useful

Re: Eclipse WTP and M2 General Question

Posted by Erick Dovale <er...@carosys.com>.
Hi Pete,

take a look at this: