Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Adam Feng <cx...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 09:28:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] Improve the documentation for contribution

Hi all,

Hanks have reorganized the structure of documents and website in [1], that’s awesome.

I’m going to improve the documentation for “How to Contribute”,  I think it’s important for attracting new contributors, so I want to have a discussion with you.

The contributing threshold now is a little bit high,  We only provide ways to join in mailing list and create pull requests, most developers using Weex aren’t so in-depth with it ,  they may just want to report some bugs,  fix some typo for documents or answer some questions.

So here’re what I’m going to do:

• I will separate contribution to several ways: reporting bugs, answering questions, joining in discussions, contributing documentation and contributing code.  This will make the contribution easier for starters and make the process more progressive.
• Two additional documents are also added: Bug Report Guidelines and Development Process, which provide more detail information about reporting bugs and contributing code.

The pull request can be found in [2].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WEEX-86
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex-site/pull/2

Thanks.