Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bradley G Smith <bg...@fs.fed.us> on 2002/10/24 19:22:29 UTC

Printing User Guide

I have noticed that when I try to print out the user guide, that each
section has a slightly larger right margin so that when I try to print the
3rd section or so (Model Components or View Components) the right margin of
the text is truncated and therefore unusable. I have noticed this with
other Jakarta online manuals, so this probably is best marked Off Topic?

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this some fatal flaw in my local set
up?

Thanks,

Brad

RE: Printing User Guide

Posted by Skip Hovsmith <sk...@maplerise.com>.
If believe that the minimum width of the page is determined by the largest
blockquoted text in the document to be printed. If this width is less than a
printed page width, the print routine will format the output to the page
width, but if it's larger, you're out of luck unless you can shrink the
print output scaling using something such as Acrobat to print a pdf
document.

I think the margin creep you noticed is a red herring- look for the quote
blocks.

Regards, Skip

I have noticed that when I try to print out the user guide, that each
section has a slightly larger right margin so that when I try to print the
3rd section or so (Model Components or View Components) the right margin of
the text is truncated and therefore unusable. I have noticed this with
other Jakarta online manuals, so this probably is best marked Off Topic?

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this some fatal flaw in my local set
up?

Thanks,

Brad

For additional commands, e-mail: