Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/01/02 10:01:32 UTC

Re: Just pushed another major refactoring in the next-gen-core branch

Hi all,

thanks Chris for writing.
Same form e, the only thing I always test is our S7 1500... I simply don’t have more devices : )

Julian

Am 27.12.19, 20:30 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    As Julian and Sebastian introduced the new PlcValue objects as alternative to the FieldItems, I refactored everything to use these instead and deleted the old FieldItems.
    I also extended the Mspec to a new definition type “dataIo” which allows to specify the parsing of data in a protocol directly into the new PlcValues.
    The knx and s7 drivers now also handle the parsing and serializing of PlcValues via generated code.

    Some tests were pretty complex and fixing them really cost me a lot of time … so in the end I gave up fixing some tests which were driving me nuts and simply commencted them out.

    It would be great if you folks could give the updated code some testing … I gave the S7 and KNX a test-drive and it worked well.

    We really need the community support here as only with your support can we get the “next-gen-core” branch into a state where I would feel comfortable with merging it into develop.

    Thanks to all of you
    Chris

Re: Just pushed another major refactoring in the next-gen-core branch

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Julian,

Well the 1500 is the one I don't have, so great if you're testing with this.
Guess we should all do a share of testing and inspecting asap so we can merge things back to develop and delete most of the old drivers and replace them with the new ones.

I'd really like to do that as soon as possible as I do have a feeling we'll be having a lot more people checking out PLC4X in the next few months and we really should clean up some of the drivers such as Modbus, EtherNetIP.

Also I would like to help Alvaro port his PR to the new structure especially his alarming subscription support would be a highly valuable addition to the new S7 driver.

Hope I'll finish the manual "query optimizer" in the S7 driver so the new one is on-par with the old one in a day or so.

Chris