Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Balazs Borbely <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 04:36:05 UTC

[Axs]Unicode string support

HI,

I am trying to send unicode text from an axis2/c client to a java web
service. I've noticed that the generated stubs are char*  instead of
wchar_t*.

Is there a  way to send unicode strings (multibyte chars) to the server?
(The base64 encoding is not an option as the server expects strings and I
can't change that)

Thanks in advance,
Balazs

Re: [Axs]Unicode string support

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Devs,
    I have seen few users ask us time to time on the unicode support.
    I think we should start to look to provide a fix for this.
Thanks,
Samisa...

Balazs Borbely wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am trying to send unicode text from an axis2/c client to a java web
> service. I've noticed that the generated stubs are char*  instead of
> wchar_t*.
>
> Is there a  way to send unicode strings (multibyte chars) to the server?
> (The base64 encoding is not an option as the server expects strings
> and I can't change that)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Balazs

Samisa Abeysinghe
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.

http://www.wso2.com/ - "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."

Re: [Axs]Unicode string support

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Devs,

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Balazs Borbely wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am trying to send unicode text from an axis2/c client to a java web
> service. I've noticed that the generated stubs are char*  instead of
> wchar_t*.
>
> Is there a  way to send unicode strings (multibyte chars) to the server?

I do not think it is possible due to the fact that we are using char*
and not wchar_t*.

However, I think, if we change the definition of axis2_char_t form char
to wchar, it would be relatively easy, but it would not be a smooth
ride. This is something that we need to fix in Axis2/c.

Samisa...