Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 15:34:25 UTC

My keynote from Apache Big Data on Hortonworks internal Apache training

All,

As those who were at Apache Big Data in Seville saw, I gave a keynote there where I discussed Hortonworks doing internal training on Apache.  Rich suggested that I might want to bring this conversation to the comdev list, hence this email.

I’m happy to share the contents of the training on the community website if people think that will be useful.  You can see the slides from the keynote at [1] and the slides from our training at [2].  The training covers Apache and the Apache way, a little bit about licenses and the Apache license, why Hortonworks chooses to work with Apache, how our employees should handle their dual roles as Hortonworkers and Apache community members, a set of best practices and things to avoid, and a brief discussion of trademarks.

Several others have said their companies need something similar.  If you find them useful you’re free to use our slides as starting point, and I’m happy to share insights from our experience.

Alan.

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/alanfgates/keynote-apache-bdeunov2016
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/alanfgates/hortonworks-apache-training

Re: My keynote from Apache Big Data on Hortonworks internal Apache training

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Alan.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, when we present the material we talk through that, but you’re right it might be worth putting it on the slide.

Alan.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Really cool stuff!!