Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2013/01/15 23:24:57 UTC

FreeBSD port status

Just a small update;

The main set of patches for building on FreeBSD were committed
before 3.4 Release. I have been slowly committing the remaining
FreeBSD patches trying to avoid interfering with other platforms.
All this work has been done by Maho.

If someone notices breakage after Revision 1433680 (a one line
removal), let me know so that it can be reverted.

The only remaining issue to have a direct  build from the sources is
reported in Bugzilla i118574 and doesn't seem easy to solve cleanly.

I have been updating some components to match what we use in
FreeBSD, but the port is still fragile for two reasons:
- internal icu.
- stlport.

The first needs to be updated and the second needs to die. Both issues
are also key to get a working clang port and would help greatly
MacOS X.

In any case the status is  ...  the port works and has been shipping for a while!

cheers,

Pedro.

Re: FreeBSD port status

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 01/15/2013 11:24 PM, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
> Just a small update;
>
> The main set of patches for building on FreeBSD were committed
> before 3.4 Release. I have been slowly committing the remaining
> FreeBSD patches trying to avoid interfering with other platforms.
> All this work has been done by Maho.
>
> If someone notices breakage after Revision 1433680 (a one line
> removal), let me know so that it can be reverted.
>
> The only remaining issue to have a direct  build from the sources is
> reported in Bugzilla i118574 and doesn't seem easy to solve cleanly.
>
> I have been updating some components to match what we use in
> FreeBSD, but the port is still fragile for two reasons:
> - internal icu.
> - stlport.
>
> The first needs to be updated and the second needs to die. Both issues
> are also key to get a working clang port and would help greatly
> MacOS X.
>
> In any case the status is  ...  the port works and has been shipping for a while!
>
> cheers,
>
> Pedro.

Thats great news. Thanks a lot, Pedro and Maho, for your endless effort
to support and keeping up-to-date this port on FreeBSD.

Marcus